Anyway, I really do want to gain better listening skills and since this is a library book that I have to return in 3 weeks I thought I would keep a lot of notes on this blog. So that's what's under the "communication" theme.
------------------ The Notes Begin ------------------
- Bad Listening caused by bad habits: listening only for facts, day dreaming, disliking the speaker, private planning, too much emotion, mental detours, debating, tuning out too soon.
- Distractions: laziness, self-consciousness, even something like a toothache.
- Listening is a huge tool for managers, you have to understand so much about your subordinates.
- Practically impossible for Leadership is can't listen. (at least if its not by force)
- Listening mean trying to see something the way the speaker sees it. Any other thoughts are distractions.