Sunday, March 23, 2008

Brand Management -- Pretty Cool

There are a lot of exciting things in business. And there are many not so exciting things in business. I wish that 10 years ago, I would have had a parent who could explain to me the different "Holy-Grail's" of business. I think these basically boil down to:
  • Investment Banker
  • Consultant
  • Brand Manager

Maybe accoutant and a large firm should be on there too.

Anyway, I'm taking a Brand Management course and I love how much all of marketing combines in this class. I don't really want to be a brand manager at big company like Nestle. I'd rather to technology and work on branding a product in the eyse of consumers.

Before the MBA, I often was told branding was a waster of an entrepreneurs time. And maybe all aspects of a brand are. But if you're trying to be true to a specific brand (some expermentation will still be necessary) then building a strong brand is definitely the way to go. it won't hurt you and it will make you more accountable and not allow you to pursue whatever strategy your emotions may desire at the time.

No comments: